It seems, from the results of the poll, that it is pretty much unanimously agreed that Brian and Roger alone (of Queen) do not constitute Queen and thus should not be allowed to use Queen's name. What should they call themselves then? Possibly they should follow the current trend (The Music, The Hives, The Kills, The Killers etc) and be The Queen? Or perhaps follow the newly reunited doors (also missing the all important front-man) and become The 21st Century Queen?
Agree with Perry on this one! It's essentially Roger & Brian's band - Freddie became the star. Thank Tim Staffell....Freddie's flat mate at one time.....for introducing Freddie to them at a Smile concert! They can call themselves whatever they want. It was Freddie who thought up the name so in a way they're respecting his memory.
Most of the people on this board, think that it's a kind of betrayal of John and Freddie when Bri and Rog call themselves Queen. But;
- Bri/Rog where the reall founders of Queen, however the name was a idea of Freddie. But it was in fact Bri and Roger who started it all
- They wrote most of the hits in especially the 80's
- it's their hobby, so do you want them to burry Queen, just because Freddie isn't here anymore and John doesn't want to play anymore?
- it's a new Queen; don't even dream about the old days coming back. Whe have wonderfull media's like cd's and dvd's to look and listen to the old glorious days of Queen. What's happening right now is something totally new and a bit different; see it as a new chapter and a nice addition to the rich history of Queen. But b'cause it's new, it may not be under the banner of Queen? ..that's just crazy.
- A band with a new name won't get that much attention then the coming back of the worlds most succesfull band ever. And then this would really be the last thing these guys will do on this huge scale.
Let Bri, Rog and Paul enjoy themselves .. and not less important; let us enjoy this tour as well. Maybe this will be the last big thing Queen will ever do..
I just really look forward seeing the guys in action. I Became a huge fan when I was 9 and given the fact that that was 11 years ago, I never ever saw anything of Queen live : (. I can't wait to hear Brian, Roger and Paul perform. I just want to hear my favorite musicians and share the music with 17000 people around me. And for me this is Queen (at least the closest it ll get for me) so I'm just grateful that they're doing this and you won't here me moan about a name or anything. I respect Roger and Brian's disicions. It's thier right, just like Hankster said.
The show must go on!!!
peace ; )
OK So Brian & Roger should not be allowed to call themselves Queen!! Here we go again well as far as I am aware they have been calling themselves Queen for 35 years now so try and stop them! Before John joined and after Freddie died so who the fuck is going to stop them now?
Allowed what a dumbass remark lol
You didn't get the ultimate secret!
We're gonna see SMILE + Paul Rodgers!
And Rodgers is not 'replacing' Freddie, he'replacing' Tim Staffell!
[Anyway, the idea to use the name 'The Queen' really really sux. We can debate on using the name 'Queen' or not, but Bri & Rog have rights to do it.
And - last but not least - who the fuck cares about the name? I'm gonna see 2 musicians I love playing my FAVOURITES songs with a great singer.
Maybe this is not Queen, but is the best Queeny-alike thing i could get all my life.
If you don't like this 'new' Queen, don't go to the concert...no-one's like Freddie but that doesn't mean anyone else's crap.
Arguing just for the band name is very very stupid.
I'd go and see also Brian solo concerts, so I'm glad to see this one even more!
I'd like to know how many ppl who is DISGUSTED about this new tour would love to see BRIAN's solo concerts.
In my opinion, if you like Brian' albums and concerts, you'll be VERY happy to go to this tour.