1) As a child Roger was accidentally shot with a bee-bee gun.
2) Roger's father was known as "eccentric" for doing things like walking the cliffs when he was upset or riding a motorcycle in the garden and injuring himself as a result.
3) Roger was a very frail as a child and would come off the rugby field white and shivering, which his friends found amusing.
4) As a teen, Roger's parents divorced.
5) At 16, Roger crashed his group's van into a fish truck in thick foggy conditions. One of his friends were seriously hurt. The matter wasn't resolved for several years. Queen was already formed by that time!
6) * Apparently, Rog didn't learn to swim until he was 22! It was said he had a fear of drowning.
7) * Roger has a fear of spiders. :)
8) * Roger's Ferrari's engine caught fire in France back in '78.
9) * Roger was drunk during the Who Wants To Live Forever video shoot.
10) * Roger has 3 conservatories in his Surrey home.
11) * Roger's son Felix was born 2 months premature and weighed only 2 pounds!
12) * In 1989 Roger had a brilliant party to celebrate his 40th birthday. The invitation said "rock til you drop" and it was a "schooldays" theme party and all the 1000 guests had to dress up appropriately. Roger had hired two HUGE searchlight spotlights for the evening, to scan the sky over the house. He had to obtain special permission from the British Aviation Authority to use them (to ensure any aircraft didn't think they were landing lights or whatever!). They roved back and forth across the clear sky - and caused absolute chaos! People living nearby, and anywhere up to about 25 miles away, could see them sweeping the sky, and thought they were Unidentified Flying Objects. People were driving towards the lights from right across Surrey and Hampshire to see if aliens were landing! The police in the county were inundated with calls about the mysterious lights, and cars were pulling up on the busy road that runs past Roger's property and their occupants were standing on the verges looking upwards! The event even made the front page of the next days newspapers! But it was certainly a good party.... !
13) * Roger has weird fat stubby little toes.
14) * Roger has never had a real job in his life.
15) * We all know that he's had a beard in recent years, but he also grew a beard in 1969/1970 because people out on the street kept mistaking him for a woman.
16) * Before a Queen gig in the mid-1970's, Roger threw a temper tantrum backstage and slammed his foot into a wall. After the gig he had to be taken to the hospital for x-rays. (According to Sazerac, Rog's monitor failed and he couldn't hear what he played or sung, which is why he threw the fit).
17) * Roger quit smoking around 1987 because his then-girlfriend Dominique had pneumonia (what a sweet guy... :-)
18) * A few days after Roger's Ferrari caught fire, he and a couple of friends set off on a boat off the shore of France. The boat stalled and they were stranded for 3 hours until they were finally towed back to the coast.
19) * Roger shaved his legs for the "I want to break free" video, as the cuts testified.
20) * Roger attended his father's funeral the day after his 41st birthday.
21) * To celebrate Queen's 20th anniversary, Roger bought Debbie an antique necklace made of platinum and diamonds which was worth 150,000 pounds.
22) * Once, during their Kensington Market days, Freddie sought Roger's help in the kitchen "Rog, darling, how exactly do you boil an egg?" Roger's response? "You, umm - I don't know. I think it has something to do with hot water." (Can you imagine those two trying to figure it out?)
23) * Roger once decided to dye his hair blond(er) just before a show in 1979. Unfortunately, our darling didn't read the instructions on the bottle (directions? Real men don't NEED no stinking directions :) and wound up turning his hair ---- green. The rest of the band gave him a terrible ride about it, especially Freddie. There are
40)* While going to visit Freddie in his final days, Roger crahsed his car into a police cruiser.
41)* Roger has said that he rather enjoys adjusting his computers at home with bricks.
42)* Roger recently had corrective surgery on his eyes due to being nearsighted.
43)* Roger claims everyone who's close with him now thought he was a prat when they first met him.
44)* Roger's grandfather used to tell him dirty jokes when he was little. Explains a few things, dunnit?!
45)* Roger and Crystal were fed up with a female journalist cramping their style when they had picked up two birds, so, being a little tipsy, decided to drown her in a hotel swimming pool. They got to the pool, found it was locked, shook the doors and shattered the glass in them, then ran!
45)* Roger wore his shades all the time because they were prescription for his eyesight.
46)*Rog had a scary lurker moustache on the video for Flash Gordon!
47)*Roger's armpits are hairier than you might think. Watch the keep yourself alive footage.
48)* In case you hadn't heard this one, Roger's son Felix inspired Roger to write "Radio Ga Ga". Felix walked in the room one day, heard the radio playing and said, "Radio poo poo."
49)* Someone apparently tried to sell a sex video of Roger and Debbi Leng to the tabloids back in '91.
50)* According Lesley-Ann Jones book, Roger said once "I'm so hangower, that even my name hurts."
51)* When Queen was in Budapest, Freddie said "All hotel apartaments are equal." But when Roger saw Freddie's apartament in Duna Intercontinental hotel he said, "Yours is fucking more equal than mine!"
52)* In the magic tour Fred and Roger had the same trousers (I know it's not interesting).
53)* In a show in 86, Roger had to spit a big spit and it landed safely in Brian's hair (he didn't notice).
54)* These days Roger listens to Eminem and Classical Music!!!
These were copied directly from NQ, so don't blame me if they sound a little odd.