|For those of you who are unfamiliar with 'Desert Island Discs. It's a programme on Radio 4 where each week a famous guest has to choose the eight songs he would take with him/her, should he/she ever find him/herself stranded on a desert island. (It's all hypothetical so don't worry about solar powered cd players, food, rescue attempts etc...).
Out of those eight songs you have to pick one you couldn't live without.
As well as a copy of the bible and the complete works of William Shakespear, you get to choose one book and a luxury item.
1. Tubelar Bells: Mike Oldfield
2. Shine On You Crazy Diamond: Pink Floyd
3. It's Late: Queen
4. It Was A Very Good Year: Frank Sinatra
5. Mr Bojangles :Sammy Davis Junior
6. The Man With The Child In His Eyes: Kate Bush
7. Stairway To Heaven: Led Zep
8. Echoes part one: Pink Floyd
The record I could not live without would be Shine On You Crazy Diamond.
Apart from the Bible & The complete works of Shakespear I would take Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh and my luxury item would be cigarettes.
|Hmmm... This is a tough one. I'll choose all stuff that has had a significant impact on my life... Here goes nothing...
1. This Night - Billy Joel
2. The Show Must Go On - Queen
3. Moonlight Sonata - Ludwig Van Beethoven
4. No More Tears - Ozzy Osbourne
5. And So It Goes - Billy Joel
6. These Are The Days Of Our Lives - Queen
7. Symphony #5 - P. Tchaikovsky
8. Tragic Kingdom - No Doubt
As for the song I couldn't live without, It's a toss up between "The Show Must Go On" and "And So It Goes". And, believe it or not, I'm leaning more towards "And So It Goes".
Let's see... A book... As I am reading it now, I'll have to say The Hobbit. Oh! And my luxury item would be a computer with yahoo. ;D
|My records would be
1. Stone Cold Crazy - Queen
2. 20th Century Boy - T-Rex
3. Nothing Compares 2 U - Sinead O'Conner
4. Up The Junction - Squeeze
5. Transimssion - Joy Division
6. Breakdown - Guns n' Roses
7. An Innocent Man - Billy Joel
8. Paperback Writer - The Beatles
The record I couldn't live wothout is Stone Cold Crazy. My luxury items would also be cigarettes and I would take The Complete and Illustrated History of Preston North End. And Ill squeeze in Ullyses for a bit of light reading.
|1. Smithers Jones: The Jam
2. Subdivisions: Rush
3. Five Years: David Bowie
4. Rock Bottom: UFO
5. Coast to Coast: The Scorpions
6. The End: The Doors
7. The Black Rose: Thin Lizzy
8. Under the Bridge: red Hot Chilli Peppers
The record I could not live without would be The Black Rose
Book: Moon Palace by Paul Auster
Luxury: A crate of Chimay
|Hmmmmm.......... Here Goes
1: These are the Days Of Our Lives, Queen
2: Am I Evil?, Metallica
3: Estranged, G n'R
4: Jeremy, Pearl Jam
5: Fear of The Dark, Iron Maiden
6: Freebird, Lynrd Skynrd
7: Paradise By The Dashboard Lights, Meatloaf
8: Dont Try So Hard, Queen
Album I couldnt live without..... Queen II
Item Of Luxury.... My Pipe ;)
|1. Pomp and Circumstance March No.1 in D 'Land Of Hope and Glory' - Sir Edward Elgar
2. The Ride Of The Valkyries - Richard Wagner
3. March Of The Black Queen - Queen
4. Jerusalem - Hubert Parry
5. Zadok The Priest - George Frideric Handel
6. Somebody To Love - Queen
7. Jupiter - Gustav Holst
8. Jailhouse Rock - Elvis Presley
Book - 'The Lord Of The Rings' - J.R.R. Tolkien
Luxury Item - Beyonce Knowles
|Bob The Shrek
|1. Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture
2. Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd
2. Hammer To Fall - Queen
4. Tuesday's Gone - Lynyrd Skynyrd
5. Train Train - Blackfoot
6. Spirit of Radio - Rush
7. Xanadu - Rush
8. Sympathy For The Devil - Rolling Stones
The song I couldn't do without is Xanadu by Rush, the book I would take would be The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant by Stephen Donaldson and my luxury item would be cigarettes.
|Bob, I ALMOST said 1812 overture instead of symphony #5. How odd! Don't they go together? I have them on the same CD, That's why I ask.|
|That's a hard one...well let's see now
1.Child In Time - Deep Purple
2.Staiway To Heaven - Led Zeppelin
3.Heaven And Hell - Black Sabbath
4.Steve Vai - For The Love Of God
5.Us And Them - Pink Floyd
6.Riders On The Storm - The Doors
7.Far Beyond The Sun - Yngwie Malmsteen
8.Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
|I don't like these questions but I'll have a go at it:
1) Bohemian Rhapsody -- Queen
2) Welcome to the Jungle -- Guns N' Roses
3) Roadhouse Blues -- The Doors
4) I Don't Like Mondays -- The Boomtown Rats
5) Ogre Battle -- Queen
6) Ballroom Blitz -- The Sweet
7) These Are The Days of Our Lives -- Queen
8) Living On My Own (the original one on Mr Bad Guy) -- Freddie Mercury
Luxury item? Polar Ice chewing gum
Book? Bergdorf Blondes by Plum Sykes
|oh I forgot
The album which I could never EVER live without would mostly be Darkside Of The Moon.
Luxury Item...well my guitar I guess
Book-The Siamese Twin Mystery:Ellery Queen
|1. Sunday Morning - No Doubt
2. Bo Rhap - Queen
3. Luv - Travis
4. Tchaikovsky's The Nutcracker
5. Can'tcha Say - Boston
6. Someone Saved My Life Tonight - Elton John
7. Roll To Me - Del Amitri
8. While My Guitar Gently Weeps - the Beatles
Luxury item - not telling.
Book - To Kill a Mockingbird.
Album I couldn't live without - Return Of Saturn by No Doubt.
|1. Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
2. Pushit - Tool
3. Yellow Brick Road - Elton John
4. Marea In Ochi - Taxi
5. Gaia - Valensia
6. Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd
7. A Song For The Ghost We Saw - Julian Berntzen
8. Roxanne - ? (from Moulin Rouge)
The one I couldn't live without: Don't Stop Me Now
Luxury item: If I can't bring any humanbeing, then it'd have to be some device to communicate with. Phone, some computer messenger, I don't care, anything!
Book: Not sure - almost anything would do.
|"Luxury item - not telling."
- if you want to bring me as your luxury item, then go ahead and say so. It's really nothing to be ashamed of.
|"The Thumb" has spoken...
..I have absolutley no idea what you are talking about, you mad cow...;-)
|1. The Dance of the Knights from Romeo & Juliet - Prokofiev
2. Absolute - Scritti Politti
3. An Innocent Man - Billy Joel
4. The 1812 Overture - Tchaikovsky
5. Julia - The Eurythmics
6. Tempted - Squeeze
7. Duel - Propoganda
8. Liar - Queen
My luxury item would be my Spandau Ballet Live DVD, the song I couldn't live without would be Absolute by Scritti Politti and my book would be Rivals by Jilly Cooper.
|LOL David - blast, you saw through my post. Yeah, it was you that I wanted to come with me. ;^)|
|1. Beethoven - 4th Symphony
2. Beethoven - "Hammerklavier" Piano Sonata
3. Beethoven - "Walstein" Piano Sonata
4. Beethoven - Fildeo
5. Mozart - Don Giovanni
6. Mozart - Piano Concerto No. 23
7. Tchaikovsky - Piano Concerto No. 1
8. Tchaikovsky - Violin Concerto
The one I could not live without is Beethoven's 4th.
The book I would take is The Lord of the Rings.
The luxury item I would take would be a computer loaded with games. If I could only tak one game, it would be X-Wing.
Incidently, I would throw the complete works of William Shakespear into the ocean.
|1. Queen - Hammer To Fall
2. Dido - White Flag
3. Pandora's Box - It's All Coming Back To Me Now
4. Eric Carmen - Hungry Eyes
5. Jeff Scott Soto - 2 Late 4 Goodbyes
6. Rod Stewart - This Old Heart Of Mine
7. Alannah Miles - Black Velvet
8. Peter Sarsedt - Where Do You Go To My Lovely (it's a funny wee song that brings back memories of a wedding years ago.)
|1. O Fortuna - From Carl Orff's Carmina Burana
2. The Show Must Go On - Queen
3. Ommadawn - Mike Oldfield
4. Zauberflöte (magic flute) - Mozart
5. The Prophet's Song - Queen
6. Child In Time (live in Japan)- Deep Purple
7. Porch - Pearl Jam
8. Still Lovin You - Scorpions
the record I could not do without : O Fortuna
book: "Narziß und Goldmund" by Hermann Hesse
luxury item: my computer (full of mp3s and mpgs, all legal of course)
|"LOL David - blast, you saw through my post. Yeah, it was you that I wanted to come with me. ;^)"
Curses!!! Foiled again!
|For those who missed it- these were Brian May's choices when he visited the show last year (I think).
1. Gustav Holst: The Planets, Op.32- Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
2. Buddy Holly and the Crickets - Maybe Baby
3. Smokey Robinson and the Miracles - Tracks of my Tears
4. The Babies - Back On My Feet Again
5. Anita Dobson - To Know Him Is To Love Him
6. Rainbow - Since You've Been Gone
7. AC/DC - Highway To Hell
8. Queen - We Will Rock You
the record he could not do without: The Planet's Suite
book: Out Of the Silent Planet by C.S. Lewis
luxury item: the Red Special
|Queen - I Want It All
Roy Orbison - In Dreams
Boston - Something About You
Rush - Time Stand Still
U2 - Walk On
Sinead O'Connor - Sacrifice
Foo Fighters - Everlong
John Lennon - Watching The Wheels
Can't Live Without - I Want It All
Book - Son of the Morning Star by Evan S Connell
Luxury Item - Fingernail Clippers
|Queen - Bo Rhap
Queen - I can't live with you
Metallica - Don't Tread on Me
George Michael - Freek '04
Metallica - Of Wolf and Man
Wham! - Everything She Wants
Led Z - Kashmir
The Darkness - I believe in a thing called love
song i can't be without, Bo Rhap
book - the Da Vinci code
and one luxury...
the 49er's cheerleader squat