Don't It Make You Feel Good, Star Trekkin' and Ebenezer Goode are classics from my youth. Unbelieveable.
Saturday Night and Cotton Eyed Joe (perfect for a bit of tit-elbow) are up there too.
My No.1 choice would be Oh Carolina by Shaggy. I would rather spend a day on Jake Britt's tractor than listen to that abomination.
I'm sure it's not the only poll Queen wouldn't have liked to be in.
And to be fair to them it was only the guitar (the best bit) and drums that they actually gave to the song. Oh, and the lyrics, of course. The good lyrics.
Songs I believe should not have been on the list ( mind you, I don't think that they are timeless classics, but just a preference of mine that I think should be given more thought):
4. Candle In The Wind 1997 - Elton John
5. Barbie Girl - Aqua ( I know this song is kind of lame, but has some great beats and sound.)
9. Achy Breaky Heart - Billy Ray Cyrus
14. (Everything I Do) I Do It For You - Bryan Adams
24. The Lady In Red - Chris de Burgh
24. My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion
36. # Believe - Cher
37. Macarena - Los Del Rio (One word: AWESOME) The best disposible po song ever!
50. Hooray Hooray, It's a Holi-Holiday - Boney M ( I love this group!)
51. I Will Always Love You - Whitney (Great voice and song, but I still prefer the original Dolly Parton version!)
62. I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) - Meatloaf (Just a classic)
70. Cotton Eye Joe - The Rednex ( I love to dance when this comes on the radio.)
73. We Will Rock You - Five feat. Queen (This is not that bad, but you can only listen to it a few times. Plus I am so tired of WWRY remixes by now.)
82. Do Ya Think I'm Sexy? - Rod Stewart
83. We Built This City - Starship
97. Do They Know It's Christmas? - Band Aid II
"As long as 5ive bring the funk then Queen bring the rock" Surely enough in that line to make it bad. Still I do like the version in a kind of that was quite nice way. It did prove that boy-bands can cover tunes that were not Bee Gee's songs.
4. Candle In The Wind 1997 - Elton John>> original is good- this version is annoying...
5. Barbie Girl - Aqua >>the worst song ever!!!
14. (Everything I Do) I Do It For You - Bryan Adams>>this should be No 2...
24. The Lady In Red - Chris de Burgh>> I have to admit.. I love this song!!! *blushes*
24. My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion>> this should be No3...
36. # Believe - Cher>> almost as annoying as Barbie girl... top 10 for me...
37. Macarena - Los Del Rio>> if I ever hear it again I'll puke...
50. Hooray Hooray, It's a Holi-Holiday - Boney M >> well, better than Cheaky Girls...LOL
51. I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston >> hate her with all my heart... and she can't sing it so well live...
Anyway- whatever... There's plenty of crap out there...
BTW... Why there was no Gareth Gates and Kumars (or sth like that) on the list...?