Not counting the films shot but audience members, what was shot on film is ...
- Tokyo 75 (more than the 3 available songs and the backstage documentary-style footage)
- Hyde Park 76 (B-roll footage, not the concert itself)
- Houston 77 (at least something, shot by Bob Harris' crew, not the main bootleg we all have, that is NTSC video)
- Munich 78 (at least 2 songs shot for TV report)
- Brussels 79 (shot by TV, unknown length but possibly the whole show)
- Rotterdam 79 (shot by TV, unknown length but possibly the whole show)
- Munich 79 (shot by TV, possibly the whole show)
- Madrid 79 (shot by TV, unknown length)
- Poitiers 79 (shot by TV, possibly just 1 song and backstage footage)
- Zurich 79 (unknown length)
- Montreal 81, both concerts, footage unused for the mixed release possibly junked
- Frankfurt 82 (unknown length)
- Brussels 84 (unknown length)
- Budapest 86, officially released
- European leg of the Magic Tour 86 - shot by DoRo, unknown length and amount of concerts, but they shot something from (possibly) every gig
Compared to other major acts, I think the number of complete Queen concerts which have been filmed is quite limited. How nice if some USA shows from the Hot Space, Game or Jazz tour were professionally filmed? Or London and Leiden from 1984 or .. ?
Allways wondered what's about the concert-footage in the 1982 ET Interview. link
Is it New Haven (as from one of the TV-Reports) or a total different show? The Snippets come from Songs across the Setlist, might indicate a full length shoot...
I think most of Houston was shot on film and we just don’t have it. I watched the rock the world doc again and saw Houston concert footage at Rock Montreal hd. I’m more interested about what else they shot. I would love footage of Inglewood, Copenhagen, Detroit, the London shows, Stockholm, and the champions shoot. I want them to find the March Rainbow footage so we have good quality video of Great King Rat and Fairy Fellers.
Dr Magus wrote:
I always thought QPL is sitting on the complete Rainbow March show.
They're saving it for the 50th anniversary release.
It was missing for the 2014 release, and they even asked people if they knew anything about the missing footage.
If it actually somehow turned up, that would be cool, but I'm not counting on it.
I never believed that statement. I think they already had it all and chose to release just the two songs that were already out there.
A bit conspiracy theory-ish of me but hey, they had the friday Wembley show.