Here's my list:
1. News Of The World tour
2. Crazy Tour / A Night At The Opera
4. Queen II tour
5. Game Tour (including all 1981 shows)
6. Magic Tour
7. Sheer Heart Attack tour
8. A Day At The Races tour
9. Jazz Tour / Hot Space tour
11. Works Tour
My list would be:
1. The Works Tour
2. News of the World Tour
3.Sheer Heart Attack Tour
4. A Day at the Races Tour
5. The Crazy Tour
6. The Game Tour
7. The Magic Tour
8 Hot Space Tour
9.Queen II Tour
10.A Night At The Opera Tour
11. Jazz Tour.
How i would loved to see them between 1970 and 1972 and rank these shows. I know they were still practising but imagine you were attending their first show on 27th june 1970 and even better, that you took pictures....
I’m surprised, positively, that a lot of us rank “the works” tour so high. Although I like the set lists, for some reason I don’t like that tour so much, maybe it’s the mixing of the shows, or the drum set up and extra synths, etc. I tend to prefer the sound of the Hot Space tour, and even the Magic tour, for example, over it. But it’s great to know, maybe I should listen more to some bootlegs from that tour !
1. NOTW Tour 10/10
-Great setlist, lighting rig, and performances.
-Highlights: Copenhagen, Stockholm, London shows, Houston, and the champions video shoot.
-Worst performance: none
2.Crazy Tour 10/10
-Freddie’s best Tour by far! Perfect vocals and a great stage presence.
-Highlights: Newcastle 2nd night, London, and Glasgow.
-Worst performance: none
3.The Game Tour 9.5/10
-A good tour for every member and a milestone tour for them.
-Highlights: Phoenix, Oakland, 1st Rock Montreal concert, Rosemont, 2nd London.
- Worst performance: Puebla
4.Hot Space Tour 9/10
- A great tour, but has extra musicians and synths.
-Highlights: Nagoya, first Edinburgh, Vienna first night, Hoffman Estates, and Milton Keynes.
-Worst Performance: Tokorozawa
5. Magic Tour 8.9/10
- Last Tour, good vocals, ok setlist.
-Highlights: Mannheim, Budapest, first Wembley, and 2nd Vienna.
-Worst performance: Slane, Ireland
6.ANATO Tour 8.5/10
-pretty good setlist comprised of early material and probably Roger’s best tour. Oh and drunk Freddie is god.
-Highlights: 2nd Boston, 2nd New York, and Hammersmith.
-Worst performance: Tokyo shows
7.Sheer Heart Attack Tour 8.5/10
- Great Guitar playing and pre nodule Freddie.
- Highlight: Rainbow theatre gigs
- Worst Performance: Glasgow
8. ADATR+Summer 76 8.2/10
- Good setlist with good vocals and great instrumentation.
-Highlights: Seattle, Hyde Park, and the 1st Earls Courts.
-Worst Performance: Richfield
9. Queen 1-2 Tour 8/10
- Very little bootlegs, but what we have is really good.
- Highlights: Rainbow gig and Golders Green Hippodrome.
- Worst Performance: Bristol
10. Jazz/ Live Killers Tour 7/10
- Probably Brian and John’s best Tour is overshadowed by some of Freddie’s worst vocals.
-Highlights: Chicago, Frankfurt, Paris shows, and Saarbrücken.
-Worst Performances: The whole Japan leg. (Kobe)
11. The Works Tour 6.5/10
- The first year of the tour was not at Queen standards. 1985 was a good year of concerts, but not even close to their best. The stage setup is the absolute best though.
-Highlights: Last Japan, Rio shows, Sydney, and Sun City.
-Worst Performances: most of the 1984 shows.