Today is the release of the BRap movie. Already had the Dutch media her say about the media after the premiere this weekend. The movie only got two or three stars out of five which is not good.
Most interessting points:
* Freddie is portrayed as a pussy rather than a confident guy and Very insecure.
* Freddie sexuality is not really spoken about.
* no wild parties, cocaine and drug abuse mentioned. The band comes across as the Kelly family.
* this movie is not a true and honest movie. If feels like watching a fuckin feel good family Disney movie.
* there a so many date inaccuracies. We will rock you in the eighties, aids in 1985, no decent timeline. Jumps from mini scene to mini scene.
The fiction that killed the movie for me was:
* two-year break before Live Aid
Come on! They had a two-month break and the longest they were on break was between ending the Hot Space Tour and starting to record The Works. What's the point of having a movie based on real events and real people if you make it a piece of fiction anyway?
And don't even get me started on how they made Freddie look: a pussy (like mentioned) and a total dickhead. Also, the magnitude of the role Paul Prenter was given in the film is ridiculous.
I’m sure they had to make an attractive movie for the American audience too. The movie toke way too much money to make because of the long delay and personnel problems. Therefore they must left out the bisexual/ gay scenes story Freddie was known with. Just too make a few dollars and please this American audience as sexuality is still a taboo in parts of conservative US. So in the end , like a lot of reviews on YOuTube said it turned out more like a musical / broadway feel good movie as to a honest and truthful movie that tells the struggles and pitfalls the band went trough to get back at the top.