according to Amazon.de tracklist FOREVER contains some 2014 Remasters.
Anyone knows some details on those ?
Also some tracks are marked with "with fade", "no crossfade", "with crossfade", "no intro".
Are those "new" versions compared to the ones already available ?
1. Let Me In Your Heart Again
2. Love Kills (The Ballad)
3. There Must Be More To Life Than This (William Orbit Mix) - Jackson, Michael 4. Play The Game (2014 Remaster)
5. Dear Friends (2011 Remaster)
6. You're My Best Friend (2011 Remaster)
7. Love Of My Life (2011 Remaster) 8. Drowse (2014 Remaster / With Fade)
9. You Take My Breath Away (2014 Remaster / No Crossfade)
10. Spread Your Wings (2014 Remaster / With Fade)
11. Long Away (2011 Remaster) 12. Lily Of The Valley (2014 Remaster / No Intro)
13. Don't Try So Hard (2011 Remaster)
14. Bijou (2011 Remaster)
15. These Are The Days Of Our Lives (2011 Remaster)
16. Nevermore (2011 Remaster)
17. Las Palabras De Amor (The Words Of Love) (2011 Remaster)
18. Who Wants To Live Forever (2011 Remaster) - The National Philharmonic Orchestra
1. I Was Born To Love You (2011 Remaster) 2. Somebody To Love (2014 Remaster / With Fade)
3. Crazy Little Thing Called Love (2011 Remaster)
4. Friends Will Be Friends (2011 Remaster)
5. Jealousy (2011 Remaster)
6. One Year Of Love (2011 Remaster)
7. A Winter's Tale (2011 Remaster) 8. '39 (2014 Remaster / With Fade)
9. Mother Love (2011 Remaster)
10. It's A Hard Life (2014 Remaster / With Fade)
11. Save Me (2014 Remaster / With Fade)
12. Made In Heaven (2011 Remaster)
13. Too Much Love Will Kill You (2011 Remaster)
14. Sail Away Sweet Sister (2011 Remaster)
15. The Miracle (2014 Remaster / With Crossfade)
16. Is This The World We Created...? (2014 Remaster / With Crossfade)
17. In The Lap Of The Gods... Revisited (2011 Remaster)
18. Forever (2011 Remaster)
My guess was going to be that most that are labelled 'With Fade" were simply going to fade out earlier than on the existing versions - 'Drowse',and 'Spread Your Wings' are certainly racks that have long 'trailouts' and could be faded earlier, However tracks like 'Somebody To Love', 'Save Me' and 'It's A Hard Life' already have definitive endings, so I can't really say I was right with my original thoughts.
"Crossfade"? Could this be a mix of alternate versions with the known songs - for example 'Is This The World We Created...?' starts off with the existing version but halfway through fades into the rare piano demo version? I could see this with 'The Miracle' too, with some kind of "crossfade" where the tempo changes occur at the end of the song.
"No Intro" versions I'm guessing will be 'clean' edits where the originals are currently album tracks that merge with or bleed from or into other tracks - 'Lily of The Valley' and 'You Take My Breath Away'
This is all just supposition, and it would be good to hear iTunes samples (or, God forbid QPL actually releases some info!) about these before the release comes out.
PS...Will 'Jealousy' be the 2011 Remaster from the 'Jazz' album, or the restored kick drum (with one beat still not restored!) version from the bonus disc?!!?
"That time will come, one day you'll see when we can all be friends" into "Just think at all those hungry mounths we have to feed"
Is it just me, or does that sound like just about the worst combination of lyrics they could come up with?
yes but - it's very weird that they're doing this. really. like if they're appealing to fans... what the hell is the point of the 2-disc version? and if they're appealing to a new audience... this will turn them off. there's too many tracks that would not be appreciated by a newbie. also, even for the casual fan - they have the greatest hits... they like it... what makes them think that those casual fans will buy this.
The beatles did this right - free as a bird tacked onto the Anthology set... Real Love... tacked no to the Anthology 2 set... beautiful. anthology 3 was in its own right worthy without any new tracks. why can't queen do this. it's so easy, so simple. Copy the fucking beatles! We will all be happy. and no one will think anything lesser of them for it.
that's how you release 1 new song, and a rework of 2 other ones. i mean, clearly, they don't believe these 3 songs belong on a greatest hits album because they are not up to par. so they release a compilation of mediocre songs to complement the 3 new ones. dumbasses.