|SWF3 Open Air '86
Maimarktgelände, Mannheim, Germany
June 21 1986
Gary Moore - guitar / vocals
Neil Carter - keyboards / guitars / vocals
Bob Daisley - bass
Gary Fergusson - drums
Fish - vocals
Steve Rothery - guitars
Mark Kelly - keyboard
Pete Trewavas - bass
Ian Mosley - drums
Freddie Mercury - vocals, piano, guitar
Brian May - guitar, vocals, keyboards
John Deacon - bass guitar
Roger Taylor - drums, vocals
Spike Edney - keyboards, guitar, vocals
SBD > FM : SWF3 live broadcast > cassette > cassette > Kenwood KW1100HX > M-Audio Midiman Audiophile 2496 > Adobe Auditon (fade, normalize) > CD Wave > Traders little helper > FLAC files shared on thetradersden.org
SBD > FM : SWF3 live broadcast > cassette Maxell XLII CrCo2 > Nakamichi MR-2 > Cinch cable to ION Mix Master USB device > USB cable to PC USB port > WaveLab 7 (recording, track splitting) > WAV > dBpoweramp > FLAC files shared on dimeadozen.org
SBD > FM : SWF3 live broadcast > cassette > ? > "Gary Moore - 1986 revisited" bootleg (Heritage records) > WAV > FLAC files shraed on queenzone.com > Cool Edit Pro (hiss reduction on several songs, re-editing) > WAV > Trader's Little Helper > FLAC level 8
SBD > FM : SWF3 live broadcast > cassette > ? > "Tell Me A Story" bootleg (Three Cool Cats TCC 041/042) > EAC 0.95 prebeta5 > WAV > FLAC frontend 1.7.1 > FLAC files shared on dimeadozen.org > WAV > Cool Edit Pro (hiss reduction on some songs, re-editing) > WAV > Trader's Little Helper > FLAC level 8
Source 1 (*) : SBD > FM : SWF3 live broadcast > ? > "Queen Reigns The World" 1986 vinyl bootleg > Edirol R-09 24bit/48kHz > ClickRepair (default LP settings) > xAct FLAC level 8 > XRECODE > WAV > Cool Edit 2000 (splitting tracks) > XRECODE > FLAC files shared on Queenzone.com > Cool Edit Pro (conversion to wav, hiss reduction on several tracks) > WAV (16 bit/44.1kHz)
Source 2 (**) : SBD > FM : SWF3 live broadcast > ? > "Definitive Mannheim" (Wardour) CD bootleg > FLAC > Cool Edit Pro (hiss reduction on few tracks) > WAV
Source 3 (***): SBD > FM : SWF3 live broadcast > ? > "Done Under Pressure In Germany" (Gypsy Eye) CD bootleg > FLAC > Cool Edit Pro (small hiss reduction on few tracks) > WAV
CD 1 [1:13:05]
1. Craaft - Stranger [5:06]
2. Craaft - I Wanna Look In Your Eyes [4:21]
3. Craaft - Breakin' Walls Ain't Easy [5:16]
4. Craaft - You're The Best Thing Of My Life [5:53]
5. Craaft - Hold Me [5:45]
6. Craaft - Cool Town Lover [4:49]
7. Craaft - Move On [4:31]
8. Level 42 - Intro [0:42]
9. Level 42 - Chinese Way [6:55]
10. Level 42 - Love Games [5:40]
11. Level 42 - Something About You [5:02]
12. Level 42 - Heathrow [5:00]
13. Level 42 - Leaving Me Now (intro) [2:17]
14. Level 42 - Leaving Me Now [5:46]
15. Level 42 - The Chant Has Begun [6:02]
CD 2 [1:17:44]
1. Level 42 - Microkid [6:09]
2. Level 42 - The Sun Goes Down [6:36]
3. Level 42 - Lessons In Love [5:34]
4. Level 42 - Hot Water [6:26]
5. Gary Moore - Run For Cover [3:59]
6. Gary Moore - Murder In The Skies [4:57]
7. Gary Moore - Shapes of Things [6:53]
8. Gary Moore - Wild Frontier [4:31]
9. Gary Moore - Victims of the Future [7:53]
10. Gary Moore - So Far Away [2:08]
11. Gary Moore - Empty Rooms [7:00]
12. Gary Moore - Out In The Fields [4:27]
13. Gary Moore - All Messed Up [5:45]
14. Gary Moore - Rockin' Every Night [5:26]
CD 3 [1:17:18]
1. Gary Moore - Wishing Well [4:39]
2. Marillion - Garden Party [7:08]
3. Marillion - Freaks [5:34]
4. Marillion - Assassin [6:23]
5. Marillion - Misplaced Childhood (part 1) [19:35]
(I) Pseudo Silk Kimono
(IV) Bitter Suite
(V) Heart of Lothian
6. Marillion - Misplaced Childhood (part 2) [22:48]
(II) Lords of the Backstage
(III) Blind Curve
(IV) White Feather
7. Marillion - Forgotten Sons [11:11]
CD 4 [1:06:35]
1. Marillion feat. Brian May - Market Square Heroes [9:01]
2. Queen - One Vision (**/*) [5:15]
3. Queen - Tie Your Mother Down (*) [3:52]
4. Queen - In The Lap of the Gods ...revisited (*) [2:35]
5. Queen - Seven Seas of Rhye (*) [1:20]
6. Queen - Liar (intro) (*) [0:21]
7. Queen - Tear It Up (*) [1:54]
8. Queen - A Kind Of Magic (*/**) [6:25]
9. Freddie Mercury - Vocal Improvisation (**) [1:03]
10. Queen - Under Pressure (**/*/**) [3:55]
11. Queen - Another One Bites The Dust (**/*) [4:45]
12. Queen - Who Wants To Live Forever (*) [4:22]
13. Queen - I Want To Break Free (*) [3:29]
14. Queen - Impromptu (*) [3:03]
15. Queen - Gimme Some Lovin' (*) [1:42]
16. Brian May - Guitar Solo (cut) (*) [8:17]
17. Queen - Now I'm Here (*) [5:16]
CD 5 [50:50]
1. Freddie Mercury & Brian May - Love Of My Life (**/*)[4:45]
2. Mercury & May - Is This The World We Created (*) [2:47]
3. Queen - (You're So Square) Baby I Don't Care (*) [1:27]
4. Queen - Hello Mary Lou (Goodbye Heart) (*) [1:23]
5. Queen & Fish - Tutti Frutti (*) [3:32]
6. Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (*) [5:47]
7. Queen - Hammer To Fall (*/**) [5:21]
8. Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love (**/*/**) [6:50]
9. Queen - Radio Ga Ga (**/*/***) [5:49]
10. Audience - waiting for encore (***) [2:16]
11. Queen - We Will Rock You (*) [2:55]
12. Queen - Friends Will Be Friends (*) [1:59]
13. Queen - We Are The Champions (*) [3:49]
14. Queen - God Save The
|And the download link? Which program do you use to do the merges?|
|F**K it's TRUNCATED :-( !!!!
This is the rest of the first post :
14. Queen - God Save The Queen (*/***) [1:07]
15. End of concert announcement (***) [1:07]
So here it is.
Thanks to help of many different people, including
- The Real Wizard
(I apologize if I forgot to include somebody)
we have now the ALMOST COMPLETE audio recording of the SWF3 Open Air '86 festival. It includes 5:45 hours of the 9 hours long program, but it should include all songs which were played live. There are some cuts between songs (you will notice them, I'm sure) and a few seconds seem to be missing from Brian May's guitar solo, otherwise it should be complete and in currently best sound quality.
All of the recordings used in the process were taped from the live FM radio broadcast to audio cassettes, which means you will notice various signal problems and a lot of tape hiss. A LOT OF TAPE HISS :-) The amount of the hiss was so annoyingly high that I simply HAD to try to minimize it. Unfortunately it's impossible to remove ONLY hiss, so you will notice that some parts of some songs have a "thin" sound. Other songs will still have a lot of hiss, simply because when I tried to remove it, it damaged the sound too much, and the hissy version was actually the more enjoyable one.
If you think you can do it better, try. I'm serious, I would be really happy if somebody can remove the hiss without damaging the main sound.
The untouched sources are still available on queenzone, e.g.
If you're not interested in the opening bands, only in Queen, download only CDs 4 and 5, I have package each disc in a separate zip file. The majority of the Queen part comes from the LP bootleg "Queen Reigns The World", which I cleaned up as much as I could before I downsampled it to 44.1kHz/16 bit (for CD compatibility). Some parts were missing, e.g. Freddie's vocal exercise, or the spoken bits between Pressure and Dust and a few other songs. These parts are taken from the Wardour bootleg, The audience cheering and the ending speech are taken from the Gypsy Eye bootleg.
As usually, don't convert to mp3, don't sell, distribute unaltered etc. - you know which things I hate :-) I still plan to upload a couple of things which might be interesting to a few people here...
|Thank you! I hope you remember what you wrote. :)
The next time you write something long write it in Notepad, for example.
BETA215 wrote: Thank you! I hope you remember what you wrote. :) The next time you write something long write it in Notepad, for example.Thankfully Firefox remembered what I wrote :-) All the editing was done in Cool Edit Pro - it's now sold as Adobe Audition, which is now unfortunately available only as part of their stupid "creative cloud", but it can be done in almost any sound editor. The wav files were encoded to FLAC level 8 with Trader's Little Helper
|Thanks a lot Pittrek!
Do you want a cover for this? If yes, in which way can I separate them (I mean, Discs 1-2, 3-4, and 5)??
|The Real Wizard
|Thanks for sharing your work.|
|Could somebody create some nice artwork? Mr. Solan?|
|Nice work! Thank you.|
|Indeed, nice work.
Thanks for this share !
|Excellent, Peter! Very well done, thank you!|
pittrek wrote: Could somebody create some nice artwork? Mr. Solan?I was actually preparing something... ;)
|I can't wait to hear this!Thank you for your work!|
|thanks, this saves me a lot of time... I've actually prepared all folders for remastering but failed on the hiss reduction which is simply impossible in this case. A fellow taper friend from USA tried to do his best on removing the hiss and remastering the sound of Gary Moore and Craaft which are still worse then the rest...
I'm very curious to hear what you could do on the sound, so thanks a lot to you and to Ale (just in advance :-)
|If you or your friend can come up with something better sounding please share it, thanks :)|
|Awesome post and good work Pittrek, thank you!|
pittrek wrote: If you or your friend can come up with something better sounding please share it, thanks :)to be honest I tried my best to improve the sound but it was very frustrating so I continued my second project instead of "wasting" time on trying to fix what can't be fixed... I'll probably upload my version of the Queen gig if anyone is interested, basically the same as your patched in version but with a complete One vision intro taken from the studio track with audience matrix...
|I understand your feelings. I did my best on it but after listening to the finished thing I still hope that somebody can do it better :-)|
|merci beaucoup fantastico|
thefallenqueen wrote: thanks, this saves me a lot of time... I've actually prepared all folders for remastering but failed on the hiss reduction which is simply impossible in this case. A fellow taper friend from USA tried to do his best on removing the hiss and remastering the sound of Gary Moore and Craaft which are still worse then the rest... I'm very curious to hear what you could do on the sound, so thanks a lot to you and to Ale (just in advance :-)I'm waiting for your stuff buddy! I'll wait for your version and make different artworks for both shares! ;)
thanks to Pete and fallenqueen for your hard work!
|I have just found an article( focused on Queen) about that event. I will do an upload and translation- maybe next week ( General Discussion)|
could i please get a torrent of this show?
|Many thanks for all your hard work!|
|artwork finished! here it is:
|Nice work, man :)|
|Nice work Alex but I really can't listen to that moustache guy as I'm completely into Adam Lambert now :-(|
thefallenqueen wrote: Nice work Alex but I really can't listen to that moustache guy as I'm completely into Adam Lambert now :-(Shame on you! the dude with the funny whiskers is way much better! I can't remember his name right now but... he raawcks!
|Pittrek & Ale,
Thank you for this diamond share.
Ale Solan wrote:His time is over... I read today that Brian thinks the Queen + Lambert show in in Dallas was the best Queen gig since 1986. So it will likely take only few shows more until this guy is called the best singer Queen ever had! Time for you to chum up with Lambert, the real king of Queen...thefallenqueen wrote: Nice work Alex but I really can't listen to that moustache guy as I'm completely into Adam Lambert now :-(Shame on you! the dude with the funny whiskers is way much better! I can't remember his name right now but... he raawcks!
|Thanks for all the hard work.
Any chance for a torrent someone!
|could you reupload cd 2 and 5|
|This is amazing - sadly no longer available.
I just remembered this concert, as I was planning to introduce my sons to the world of open air festivals - this was my first, 29 years ago.
Is there any chance of re-upping this? Maybe even as a torrent?
joschtl wrote: This is amazing - sadly no longer available. I just remembered this concert, as I was planning to introduce my sons to the world of open air festivals - this was my first, 29 years ago. Is there any chance of re-upping this? Maybe even as a torrent? Thanks!
|Wow. Thanks! You, sir, are amazing.|
|Any chance of a MEGA link Or torrent?
The one above doesn't work
|Re-up please. Thanks in advance!|
Krypto_98 wrote: Any chance of a MEGA link Or torrent? The one above doesn't work
it's all available here:
|Artwork is dead :)|
|Thanks for the hard work!
I've missed it!
Links are gone, Can someone reupload it!
fly wrote: Thanks for the hard work! I've missed it! Links are gone, Can someone reupload it!Here you go: link
|I can't download that one big file. If pittrek is willing to reupload the original files!|
|Any chance for a separated "smaller" files or a torrent?|