I can heading out to Paris from Newcastle in September for the Queen gig 24/09 and none of us have been to Paris before
We are after a little help for our trip
We are flying into Charles De Gaulle airport on easyjet and would like to know:
1. Reccomend a cheap & clean hotel near the Bercy venue with good links to get into Paris centre to do some touristy things
2. What is the best way to travel from Charles De Gaulle to hotel
3. Any fans out there for the gig UK/French/Dutch/ anyone who would like to meet up for drinks
many many thanks
1. For a cheap & clean hotel (depend on your budget) see there : link
Some nice hotels are around the Palais Omnisports (you can also see a nice little plan with hotes and the venue)
Sorry, the website is in french but is easily undestandable (price, address, etc. feel free to phone them, they almost all speak english)
2. Depend on your budget ... Full of £££ = taxi, otherwise I suggest you to took the RER B (suburb train) heading to "chatelet-les halles" (the biggest station in paris) then the metro line 14 heading to the "Bercy" station. About 35-45min.
3. I would probably be there, depending if I'm working in Paris or not this week ...
Hope it helps !
many thanks for the help and the reply - you have gave me some good info to work on
All the best from UK
PS if anyone else feels they can add or put further input to this it would be again appreciated
As far as getting to Paris is concerned, when I went to Le Zenith in 2005, I took a train from Charles De Gaulle to Gare de Nor (Station of the North) and took the Metro (subway) from there. In all it takes about an hour to central Paris.