Queen + Paul Rodgers live at the Estadio Restelo, Lisbon, Portugal [02.07.2005]
Queen + Paul Rodgers
01. Intro: It's A Beautiful Day Ross Robertson / DJ Koma 2005 techno mix [tape]
02. Intro: Lose Yourself [tape - Eminem]
03. Intro: Reachin' Out (Paul on vocals + Spike keyboards only)
04. Tie Your Mother Down (Paul on vocals)
05. I Want To Break Free (Paul on vocals)
06. Fat Bottomed Girls (Paul on vocals)
07. Wishing Well (Paul on vocals)
08. Another One Bites The Dust (Paul on vocals)
09. Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Paul on vocals + guitar)
10. Say It's Not True (Roger on vocals)
11. '39 (Brian on vocals & guitar)
12. Love Of My Life (Brian on vocals & guitar)
13. Hammer To Fall slow/fast (Brian and Paul on vocals)
14. Feel Like Makin' Love (Paul on vocals)
15. Let There Be Drums
16. I'm In Love With My Car (Roger on vocals and drums!)
17. Guitar solo
18. Last Horizon
19. These Are The Days Of Our Lives (Roger on vocals)
20. Radio Ga Ga (Roger and Paul on vocals)
21. Can't Get Enough (Paul on vocals)
22. A Kind Of Magic (Paul on vocals)
23. I Want It All (Paul on vocals)
24. Bohemian Rhapsody (Freddie and Paul on vocals)
25. The Show Must Go On (Paul on vocals)
26. All Right Now (Paul on vocals)
27. We Will Rock You (Paul on vocals)
28. We Are The Champions (Paul on vocals)
29. God Save The Queen
Paul Rodgers (lead vocals, acoustic guitar)
Brian May (electric guitar, acoustic guitar, lead/backing vocals)
Roger Taylor (drums, congas, lead/backing vocals)
Jamie Moses (electric guitar, acoustic guitar, backing vocals)
Danny Miranda (bass guitar, acoustic guitar, backing vocals)
Spike Edney (keyboards, backing vocals)
ticket stub (from my own collection)
concert program (from my own collection)
Written by Lino Galveias
Oh man what a weekend! I lost my voice and came out voiceless at the end of the gig!!
Well the doors opened at about 5.15pm and I ran with my sister (it looked like the Wembley DVD with everyone running for a better pace near the stage and catwalk!) Then we sat (I was in the right side of the catwalk, quite close to the stage, next to plenty of my fellow Portuguese Queen Fan Club mates. Then we had plenty of time for getting water and some official stuff (I bought a black T-shirt) and then the first artists, a Portuguese band called Hands on Approach, came up and did quite a nice show. Then they ended and another guys, Fingertips, did bother me a bit apart from 3 songs... well it was good to meet the people, to chat, take piccies and etc. Stadium crowd was more than 20.000 people, according to what I read. Advertising by the promoter was, and sorry for the word, shitty.
The he comes up and plays Tie Your Mother Down and we were hysterically screaming "ahhhhhhhhhh!!! Brian", it looked like Brian had come out of our TV screen, or from the computer. It was so cool!!
The gig was great, it is even said that it was better than the Madrid one, and one of the best from the tour. The crowd jumped, sang along, I screamed "Brian" during Love of my Life and it was so cool to look right into Brian's, Paul's and the others' eyes. Paul did a great job, Mr. Trip Khalaf did a great job with the sound system!!
Oh I was stunned, we were so moved by the images of Freddie on the big screen during Boh Rhap and TATDOOL, and during the guitar dolo, by the skies, the Dominion (they could have put Freddie's statie in Montreux) and by the roof of Buckingham Palace.
People wanted some surprises like Innuendo, it was great to hear Show Must go On and the people sang to All Right Now, which made Paul very happy! I still have to upload my piccies! The crowd screamed "Freddie" when Brian dedicated Love Of My Life to him, and it was a climax of the night!
We were all stunned at the end of the gig, I was voiceless from singing all the time! Roger did great with the drum solo, Love With My Car and his singing, and during the whole set, although he had his hand hurt, and Spike did great on the piano and so did Jamie and Danny, who did their job very well! And Paul sang the stuff his way and people coped very well with him!!
It is surely a night never to forget in my life, the stage is currently the biggest in open air gigs, sound is neat and they used the catwalk quite a few times!! A day to remember - I am sure of it and the ticket I have is a cult object! :)
Written by Andre
July 2nd 2005,about 20 o'clock and I was entering Estadio do Restelo to see for the first time Queen live on Portugal. I bought a white shirt with the logo of "A Night at the Opera and I wore it. I was really excited to see Queen but I was little sad because I wouldn't see Freddie. However Paul Rodgers is a good singer too, in my opinion. For me the best moments were: when everybody put their hands up on Radio Ga Ga, what an incredible sight; when they put a scene on the beginning of Bohemian Rhapsody showing Freddie playing the piano and singing; and when they played We Will Rock You, We Are the Champions, The Show Must Go On and before playing Love of My Life, Brian May said that that music would be dedicated to "a guy who we will never see again, Freddie". I loved this concert and I will never forget it!