Queen + Paul Rodgers live at the Arena, Leipzig, Germany [17.04.2005]
Queen + Paul Rodgers
01. Intro: It's A Beautiful Day Ross Robertson / DJ Koma 2005 techno mix [tape]
02. Intro: Lose Yourself [tape - Eminem]
03. Intro: Reachin' Out (Paul on vocals + Spike keyboards only)
04. Tie Your Mother Down (Paul on vocals)
05. I Want To Break Free (Paul on vocals)
06. Fat Bottomed Girls (Paul on vocals)
07. Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Paul on vocals + guitar)
08. Say It's Not True (Roger on vocals)
09. '39 (Brian on vocals & guitar)
10. Love Of My Life (Brian on vocals & guitar)
11. Hammer To Fall slow/fast (Brian and Roger on vocals)
12. Let There Be Drums
13. I'm In Love With My Car (Roger on vocals and drums!)
14. Guitar solo
15. Last Horizon
16. These Are The Days Of Our Lives (Roger on vocals)
17. Radio Ga Ga (Roger and Paul on vocals)
18. Can't Get Enough (Paul on vocals)
19. A Kind Of Magic (Paul on vocals)
20. I Want It All (Paul on vocals)
21. Bohemian Rhapsody (Freddie and Paul on vocals)
22. The Show Must Go On (Paul on vocals)
23. All Right Now (Paul on vocals)
24. We Will Rock You (Paul on vocals)
25. We Are The Champions (Paul on vocals)
26. God Save The Queen
Brian broke a string right before the end of his guitar solo :-) For the very first time ever Brian sang both verses of '39. Paul forgot the lyrics in Show Must Go On three times (!!!) and also started singing the last verse of I Want It All too early (before the guitar solo).
Paul Rodgers (lead vocals, acoustic guitar)
Brian May (electric guitar, acoustic guitar, lead/backing vocals)
Roger Taylor (drums, congas, lead/backing vocals)
Jamie Moses (electric guitar, acoustic guitar, backing vocals)
Danny Miranda (bass guitar, acoustic guitar, backing vocals)
Spike Edney (keyboards, backing vocals)
ticket stub (from my own collection)
concert program (from my own collection)
Written by Andreas Gabriel
My girlfriend and I spent the weekend in Leipzig, because the concert was on Sunday and Leipzig is a nice town. We came from Berlin, which is about 2 hours away by car.
I was very nervous already the Sunday morning because this would be my first Queen concert. I became a Queen fan in 1989 when I was 15 years old, and the Magic Tour was over for 3 years...!
By lunchtime I went to the Arena and asked a guy when the soundcheck was. He told me the time and I tried to get in the Arena, but without a chance. So I could hear Brian and Roger doing their soundchecks, which was interesting.
Then a few hours later we entered the Leipzig-Arena. It was possible to get near to the stage.
Both of us were very happy to be only seconds away from seeing Queen live for the very first time.
Then the lights went out and "A beautiful day" came as a tape-intro, and after that a song by Eminem, which was funny! And then Paul Rodgers came on stage alone with "Reaching Out". After that the show started with "Tie Your Mother Down" and the party began. The audience was so happy to see Brian and Roger and they felt it and smiled so much. After some songs Roger came on stage alone and performed a wonderful version of the new Queen song "Say It's Not True". He also made some fun and introduced members of the band as "guys from Leipzig".
I was completely happy with the show and Paul Rodgers, who did his own thing and didn't try to imitate Freddie.
Highlights for me were "I Want It All", The Days Of Our Lives" and "The Show Must Go On" live. I also loved it when Freddie "came" on stage during Bo Rap. For us it was a wonderful evening!